Friday, August 14, 2009

"untitled (I want to come home)"






"untitled (I want you to come home)"


These are images of the work I have up right now at the APE Window space in Northampton, MA as part of the group show "Release the River!" I will be posting images on my flickr page of details of these two pieces as well as some images of the other work in the show (I have to ask first). flickr.com/photos/azammarelli

These two pieces are a back and forth between each other. They are separate in the space but I built them together and feel like they are talking to each other. One about waiting for and one about being away and wanting to get back.

The bottom piece called "untitled (I want you to come home)" is a stool that has a stuffed being on top of it then wrapped up in plastic table cloth. The stool is seeping and has grown a rope that is reaching over to the "cake". It is presenting a present.

The top three images are of "untitled (I want to come home)" with "Busy Hands, Busy Mouth". "Busy Hands, Busy Mouth" is the mound of chorus members (creatures) huddled around a portal (video monitor). "untitled (I want to come home" is the tent structure with the panorama inside and relic/treasure on top of the cushion inside.

No comments: