Wednesday, October 17, 2012

10.17.2012 Learning etching from Louise.  I like coffee lift, sandpaper, and burnishing.

 10.06.2012

 10.14.2012

10.14.2012

 07.14.2012

10.14.2012

-------------------------------

I am very excited about Graeme Patterson's installations and animations.  On Sunday I saw his installation "The Mountain"at Mass MoCA and I am kind of losing my mind a little bit over it.  There are so many tiny things happening simultaneously that while watching the video of the installation tonight I saw more things that I didn't catch when seeing it in person.

" I find my inspiration comes from a desire to constantly develop an alternate reality that stimulates reflective engagement with universal themes of longing, loss and recovery."

I have been slowly going through his youtube page and images on his website.

-------------------------------

Our squash plants got powder mold.

-------------------------------

Today my boss explained that when men sing about their old cars they are really talking about ex-girlfriends.

I am not rusty and I am not an old car.

-------------------------------

This Saturday, October 20th, at Parsons Hall Project Space in Holyoke, MA my video "Shut Up Spacemaker, You Talk Too Much" will be a part of the show Body Radio.  Here is the info:

Strange Attractions / Body Radio
Parsons Hall Project Space
362 Dwight Street
Holyoke, MA 01040
7:30 PM until midnight

If you find yourself around come down to the canal.

-------------------------------

Also this Saturday, October 20th, I have three watercolors available online and/or in the flesh for the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts 14th Annual Art Auction.  If you want to see the list of participating artists and the work available click here.  The Bemis Center has an amazing residency program and exhibits challenging artworks and supports exciting large scale installation projects.


1 comment:

Matt Durand said...

Graeme Patterson! Yes!

I'm happy you made it to Oh Canada. I thought it was one of the best exhibitions I'd been to in a long time.