Thursday, March 04, 2010

Under the train bridge, most of this has now melted.


Side of the Bemis Center that my studio is on.


Missing brick from a building's facade 02/26/2010


sketch 03/01/2010


Progress 03/03/2010

Tonight, Thursday, March 4th Jia-Jen Lin and I will be presenting our work for the Bemis Center's First Thursday Art Talk. If you happen to be in Omaha the presentations start at 7 PM. The Bemis is located at 12th street and Leavenworth street.

I am coming close to finishing the outside structure of my building (fort/nest). I am excited to start working on the inside.

The Cave - Sean Ward's A Pre-Conscious Space is an installation/performance venue located on the Bemis Center's campus. I just got to go in last week for the first time for a music show. I really love the space. I want to say it is comfortable like sitting in warm water. If you follow the link you can see pictures of it during construction and the finished space.

superstition
1. An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome.

protect
–verb (used with object)
1.to defend or guard from attack, invasion, loss, annoyance, insult, etc.; cover or shield from injury or danger.
–verb (used without object)
4.to provide, or be capable of providing, protection: a floor wax that protects as well as shines.

(I looked these up on dictionary.com, I didn't bring my dictionary with me)

I have been watching Guy Madden's Careful at least twice a week for the past month. Sometimes I watch it back to back with the commentary on the second time through. My favorite scene right now is when Grigorss spills the candle wax on Count Knotkers' dead mother's face. It makes me so uncomfortable but I also think it is so funny.

No comments: